Stress, Mood and Sleep
Stress is a response that has evolved in humans to allow them to deal with important or dangerous situations. Stress can cause the autonomic nervous system (ANS) to release hormones, such as adrenaline and cortisol. These hormones raise the heart rate to circulate blood to vital organs and muscles more efficiently, preparing the body to take immediate action if necessary. It can also be triggered by problems at work or relationship difficulties. It is normal to feel stressed occasionally, but chronic feelings of stress can cause the nervous system to maintain a heightened state of arousal for extended periods. Being in this state can severely impact physical and mental health in the long term. One effect of stress is that it can cause sleep deprivation. Frequently being in a heightened state of alertness can delay the onset of sleep and cause rapid, anxious thoughts to occur at night. Insufficient sleep can then cause further stress.
- We all need enough sleep, and the right type of sleep, to be happy and healthy.
- In the long run, not getting enough sleep can affect our moods as well as our physical wellbeing. Long term sleep deficiency can increase the risk of chronic health problems like heart disease and diabetes.
- There are lots of things you can try to improve your sleep quality and quantity.
- Lifestyle changes along with Homeopathy can help you reduce stress and get better sleep.
- Stress and lack of sleep can have a severe impact on physical and mental health. Stress also impacts the sleep quality and duration which causes negative mood, difficulty in concentration and low energy.
- Sleep deprivation can lead to chronic health condition
- Stress and loss of sleep makes a person vulnerable to various chronic ailments like obesity, heart diseases, diabetes, depression etc.
- Excessive stress causes release of adrenaline and cortisol hormones, which initiates the fight or flight response in the body for survival. If the quantum of stress is very high, eventually body gives way and starts showing disease symptoms.
- Homoeopathy offers wide range of remedies for anxiety and stress and also depression, panic attacks.