BY Dr Kukreja A Kalani MD (Homeopathy)
Homeopathy Treatment for Allergy
What is allergy ?
Allergies are problems of the immune system. Most allergic reactions happen when the immune system reacts to a “false alarm.” Normally, the human body defends itself against harmful things such as viruses or bacteria. But sometimes the defences violently attack mostly mild things, such as dust, mold, or pollen. Normally, allergens are harmless. But when a person has allergies, the body thinks these allergens are harmful. The body then attacks allergens with antibodies. This makes the cells release histamine and other chemicals causing an allergic reaction. When the chemicals irritate nearby nasal tissue, this causes nasal allergy symptoms.
When this happens in the lungs’ breathing tubes, it can cause asthma symptoms such as cough and wheeze. When the reaction involves the whole body, this can be a severe allergic reaction. An allergic reaction can happen anywhere in the body. This includes the skin, eyes, lining of the stomach, nose, sinuses, throat, and lungs. These are the places where immune system cells are found to fight off germs that are breathed in, swallowed, or come in contact with the skin. Allergic reactions can cause:
- Stuffy nose, sneezing, itching, or runny nose, and itching in ears or roof of mouth
- Red, itchy, watery eyes
- Red, itchy, dry skin
- Hives or itchy welts
- Itchy rash
- Asthma symptoms, such as shortness of breath, coughing, wheezing
- A severe, life-threatening allergic reaction (anaphylaxis). This can cause trouble breathing, vomiting, diarrhea, low blood pressure, fainting, or death.
Why Allergies in children should be treated with homeopathy?
- We come across so many children and infants who suffer from several Allergies, so what is the reason for allergy at such a young age, when you are not exposed to trigger factors. Allergies surface because of hereditary influences and low immune/defence activity.
- It is an individual’s way of developing immunity so as to wear out the hereditary effect on their systems.
- So, what should be the approach towards treating such ailments?
- It basically requires a holistic / constitutional medicine which will help support and fight the invasion by improving the defence mechanism.
What is constitutional prescription?
- This refers to the selection and administration of homeopathic medicine which aims to correct the inherent predisposition to a disease.
- The constitutional remedy covers the genetic makeup, physical and mind symptoms, thermal state, desires and aversions of mind and body. The main query remains, how does the constitutional prescription help – these are a few points which will answer this question
- Medicines act as an immunoregulator and moulds the immune response to fight off the repeated attacks by microbes. Homeopathy believes that microbes are the triggers not the causative factors, the real problem lies with low immunity which invites repeated infection. One very important role of constitutional treatment is that it helps in absorption and assimilation of essential nutrients, this itself helps in maintaining healthy state of body.
- Homeopathic treatment also helps in neutralizing the free radicals. Thus, acts as an autioxidative agent to stop the disease process. So, what do we achieve, or aim towards post treatment with constitutional medicines.
- The intensity and flare ups of acute attacks reduces. Children do get cold, fever, but the intensity of the illness reduces and also the repetition of attacks is less. Most important thing is it helps minimize the tendencies towards illness, and help them wear out the genetic influences.
Kent Homeopathy Clinic
Powai: Shop No.52, Galleria Mall,
Central Avenue, Hiranandani Gardens,
Mobile Number: 08291492566
Monday to Saturday:
11:00 AM to 01:30 PM
06:30 PM to 09:00 PM